At Teamwork, we pride ourselves on creating the best software, working with outstanding people, and going above and beyond for our customers. That excellence has been rewarded with hundreds of thousands of amazing customers all across the globe and millions of users who sign in every day to trust us with getting their businesses organized and running productively. We’re a profitable, entirely self-funded business with no investors or outside influences beyond one: our customers and what's best for them. It’s a responsibility that we take very seriously. We’re a company of action, full of triers and doers: we try things, we make mistakes, and we learn from them.
Growing this company from Belfast with an extremely talented team of people is an amazing journey to be a part of.
Here at Teamwork we've gone as far as we can with Cross-Platform Technologies for our mobile apps. But it's just not good enough. We want to take advantage of the very best that each platform offers. It's not enough to be able to just get stuff done with our apps: we want them to be so good that people become addicted to using them.
So we're going fully native and we're putting together the best mobile team in the country to do it.
We have fully flexible working conditions - work where you like, when you like!
- You must be passionate about Android. You will be one of the driving forces for our Android apps, so we want you to love what you do.
- Strong experience in both Kotlin and Java programming languages
- Ability to understand user requirements from the UI and UX point of view, and willingness to give an active contribution to their definition
- Passionate about software architecture, unrelenting in the usage and promotion of best practices and excellent code quality
- This is for a senior developer role, so we want to see substantial experience working on relevant Android apps.
- We want to see that you've made some beautiful apps that you're proud of.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willing to learn. You must have an open mind, be able to pick things up quickly, and enjoy working with passionate people.
What we we're not looking for:
Ninjas. (Although if you want to do some martial arts in your free time that's fine too.)
Nice to Have
We'd also expect you to be familiar with the list below, but your portfolio is also important. Show us with the stuff you've done. Definite bonus points for putting together something using our API - doesn't matter how small.
Best practices, architecture, and algorithms:
- MVP and Clean Architecture
- Unit/instrumentation tests and TDD
- Caching and concurrent programming
- Data structures and time complexity
- AndroidX and JetPack frameworks
- Material Design and theming
- Android Architecture Components
- JobScheduler and Services
Popular 3rd party Frameworks/Libraries:
- Functional/Java 8: RxAndroid/RxJava
- Networking: Retrofit/OkHttp
- Image downloading: Fresco/Picasso/Glide
- Database: Android Room/SQLite
- Dependency injection: Dagger, Butterknife
- Testing: JUnit, Mockito, Robolectric
What You Can Expect
Working at Teamwork isn't like a normal job. We believe in hiring only the best and then looking after them like they deserve. On top of a great financial package, we do everything possible to make Teamwork a great place to work.
We believe in paying a competitive salary: earn what you're worth, with regular reviews. We’re committed to your long-term future at the company, and we’re passionate about helping you to improve and enhance your skills.
You have unparalleled freedom in how you do your job. Spot something that needs improving? Off you go, make it happen. You’ll be given only the very best equipment so that, whatever your role, you'll have the very best kit to help you do your best work.
We take work-life balance very seriously: we’ll set you up with a subsidized gym membership at the gym of your choice and when you come to Cork, you will get regular company-sponsored lunches, movie nights, and nights out.
Sounds epic? Join the journey at Teamwork.
Teamwork is an equal opportunities employer.
Submit your application
We would be delighted to hear from you!