Teamwork provides an intuitive SaaS platform for Client Services companies to become efficient, organized, profitable and happy! Our platform enables our customers to track, manage, and invoice their projects as well as providing a full suite of tightly integrated solutions such as helpdesk, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and customer relationship management capabilities; making Teamwork the ‘one-stop-shop’ practice management solution. Teamwork has revolutionized how companies manage their daily workflows for improved automation, productivity, and profitability. Our relentless customer-focus has been rewarded with thousands of amazing customers all across the globe and millions of users who sign in every day, to trust us with enabling their business to be efficient, organised, profitable and happy! We pride ourselves on creating market leading software, working with outstanding people, and going above and beyond for our customers. Trusted by more than 20,000 teams across 170 countries, Teamwork is in acceleration mode as we set our sights to become the undisputed Project Management platform for Client Services companies everywhere.
Our people are the reason for our success and our focus as we look to scale and grow. We believe in hiring great people and look to ensure everyone has the best possible experience of work, everyday. Our values inform everything that we do and shape our decision making. We strive to be open and transparent, humble and customer focused. And we thrive on curiosity, getting results and working together relentlessly to deliver excellence. We are a company of action, full of triers and doers: we try things, we make mistakes, and we learn from them. Our personality is unmistakable: we work hard, take joy in our wins and each other's successes and important life events. And we care and support each other when life throws lemons. More than anything we embrace a straightforward approach to getting things done. We are fanatical about our customers: and when talent meets passion, success happens.
About the Job
Teamwork's Data Team Vision Statement is the following:
Support the Company's growth by building a centralized Data facility focused on Customer and Product data that will empower decision makers in all roles and transform the company into a data-driven organization through easily and widely accessible business intelligence and analytics.
Here's a pithy quote to remember that more easily:
All customer-related activity in one place that we can slice & dice without going to a programmer.
The Data Team goals are to provide accurate Insights (reports, visualizations, forecasts and predictions) in a timely fashion, fully automated when possible, to provide stakeholders with the necessary information to make informed business decisions, with a particular focus on customer data, but potentially concerning any aspects of the business including technical metrics.
- This is a software engineering role.
- You will take care of setting up the necessary infrastructure to gather, import & generate the data needed for a piece of analysis, then automate it so it never has to be repeated again.
- You will perform tasks such as setting up connections, scheduling jobs, ETL, configuring S3 buckets, writing lambdas, and providing tooling to analysts & business users.
- You will take direction from and work closely with our Data Architect to create and maintain the software that gets us the data we need in the formats we need for Data Analysts to perform repeatable analysis.
- You will work in a team with Data Analysts, seeking to understand their requirements and enabling them to perform their analysis without them having to engineer data pipelines.
- You will work with various other development teams to engineer data pipelines from our products & services into our Data Lake in a highly scalable fashion.
- Alongside the rest of the Data team you will work with business stakeholders to understand what insights they want for growing our business, why they want them, and what other insights we should seek to provide.
- Alongside the rest of the Data team you will work to understand the operational insights that software & other teams in Teamwork want for understanding the real behaviours & usage patterns of our products & services in order to operate them better. One of our aims is to democratise access to data & encourage a culture of data-driven decision making.
- An interest in data engineering, data analysis or data science is a must. Existing skills in these areas are a big plus, especially Amazon analytics tools, or equivalent Big Data technologies such as Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Presto, Spark, Hadoop.
- The bulk of the coding will be back-end work so you will likely be currently in a back-end role or have a significant back-end preference, especially Golang and SQL.
- You will be able to demonstrate performance optimisation skills; we need you to pipeline large data sets in a performant fashion.
- You will be able to take highly detailed technical direction from our Data Architect and will be keen to continuously learn more about data engineering tools & theory.
- You will complete tasks within your range of skills independently, understanding that the onus will be on you to demonstrate the results & efficacy of your work.
- You will very often demonstrate the results of your data engineering work using AWS QuickSight and other visualisation tools so presentation skills are a plus.
- You are comfortable with estimating the time needed to complete a task and meet the deadlines you impose for yourself.
- You aspire to become a Data Architect.
What You Can Expect
We are a remote-first team, with the option to work out of our Cork HQ campus, Belfast or Boston hubs - or fully remotely. At Teamwork we believe that work is what you do, not where you sit.
You will experience a collaborative and flat culture, where titles are less valued than delivering outcomes that impact and move the dial. We want you to have what you need to hit the ground running, so you will get the best kit to help you do your best work from Day 1. Our onboarding program will give you the opportunity to meet Teamworkers, learn about our market leading product and get under the hood of our Grow and Scale strategy.
We expect our people to work hard, level up and turn up every day focused on being their best for each other and our customers. In return, you can expect to know what success looks like in your role, and have regular check-ins with your manager. In addition we will work with you to grow your career with Teamwork.
But when all is said and done we want you to have fun and enjoy working with us! We put a lot of effort into having regular social events, a weekly all staff catch up with quizzes and prizes to be won, and an annual staff gathering Grand Council focused on celebrating the wins, planning for success and building connection & collaboration. Strengths that have made us what we are today!
Teamwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Submit your application
We would be delighted to hear from you!